This resource of links and documents will assist you when recruiting a nanny.
- Print an Application For a Foreign Live-in Caregiver.
- Contact the Citizenship and Immigration (CIC) Call Centre for automated telephone service or,
to speak with an agent, call toll free 1 (888) 242-2100, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. local time
- Canadian Visa offices in other countries
- Your Employment Standards Rights: Foreign National Live-in Caregivers
This information sheet is available in French and certain other languages:
Filipino [ 293 KB ], Spanish [ 221 KB ], Hindi [ 84 KB ]
- Caregiver Rights Under the Employment Protection for Foreign Nationals Act (Live-in Caregivers and Others), 2009
- This information sheet is available in French and certain other languages:
Filipino [ 288 KB ], Spanish [ 41 KB ], Hindi [ 291 KB ]
- Print an Application to Change the Terms and Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada, if applying from within Canada.
- Aging in Place